The mission of Connecticut Racial Equality and Justice (CTCORE) is to promote racial justice and equal opportunity throughout the state of Connecticut. We are a nonpartisan, non-profit organization dedicated to engaging in advocacy, research, education, and public policy to end racial disparities in the areas of education, employment, health care, criminal justice, and housing. We strive to create an equitable, just, and inclusive society for all Connecticut residents.
We recognize that racism and racial inequality are deeply embedded in the structures of our society and that current disparities result from centuries of unequal treatment and opportunities for people of color. We seek to create a society that is truly equitable and just for all and that values and embraces diversity. We recognize the importance of engaging in dialogue and working collaboratively with individuals and organizations to create lasting and meaningful change.
CTCORE’s goals are to:
• Raise awareness of, and advocate for racial justice and equality;
• Support and promote the development of policies and practices that reduce racial disparities in all areas of Connecticut life;
• Educate the public about racism and racial justice;
• Engage in research and analysis to inform policy and practice;
• Create and support a network of individuals and organizations working on racial justice and equality;
• Advocate for the interests of communities of color in the state legislature and other policy-making bodies;
• Provide information, resources, and support to individuals, organizations, and communities affected by racism and racial injustice; and
• Encourage dialogue and collaboration between different racial and ethnic groups to build a more equitable and just society.
We believe that racial justice and equality are essential for the well-being of all Connecticut residents. We are committed to working with our partners and allies to build a more equitable and just society for everyone.